Since most of the latest laptops are coming without CD Drive .It will be a difficult task for those who install windows Operating system via CD's or DVD's on their deivces. We can install windows Via USB drives here is the detailed description on how to install windows via Bootable Pendrive with command prompt.Before proceeding make sure that your pendrive is atleast 4 GB or 8 GB.Using the below steps we can create a bootable pendrive with command prompt on windows 7 , windows 8 or windows 10 machines.
Steps to create bootable pen drive:-
- Before starting make sure that you have connected a pendrive /Usb Drive to your computer / Laptop
- Open "command prompt" as an "Administrator"
- Type "diskpart" and press Enter
- Type "list disk" and press Enter.Now yoy will shown all the active disks on your computer. See the disks correctly and verify your pendrive by looking at the space
- In my case 'Disk 1" is my pendrive
- Type "select Disk 1" and press Enter
- Type "clean" and press Enter. The command will clean your pendrive
- Type "create partition primary" and press Enter. It will be recoginsed as partition 1 in windows
- Type "select partition1" and press Enter.It will select partition for boot
- Type "active" and press Enter. It will activate the partition
- Type "format fs=ntfs quick" and hit Enter. Formatting current partition as NTFS file system quickly.
- Exit from command prompt.
- Extract the windows .ISO file to pendrive using winzip /7zip or any other extraction software.
- Restart your system
- Install windows