If you are windows user for a long time and recently shifted to Ubuntu operating system you will defintely miss one software "Internet Download Manager".IDM runs on most of the windows machines to download Softwares, Videos and so on.It is loved by all because it is fast ,easy to use and partly because of its resume capability .
You might have seen different aticles on net showing different possible ways to download Internet Download manager [IDM] .Here i will be showing easy way to download IDM and use it .
- Open Ubuntu Software Center
- Type wine in the search box & Install wine software [ It helps to install windows softwares (.exe) on Ubuntu]
- Once installation is complete. You need to install IDM
- Goto https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html to download IDM
- Once IDM is downloaded right-click on IDM open with Wine
- Now follow the instructions and finish installing IDM
- Now open Firefox , From the Firefox Menu click on Tools >> Add-ons >>
- Click on Get Add-ons >> Search for "Flashgot Mass Downloader" >> Install
- Restart Firefox
- Once you have done with the above step.
- Goto Firefox address bar type "about:config"
- You will receive a warining message "This might void your waranty!" Select the check Box "Show this warning next time" and click on Button "I'll be careful, I promise"
- In the search box type "wine"
- You will get "Flashgot.useWine" preference Name.Change the value from "False" to "true" by right click on the property click on toggle or by double click
- Restart firefox
- Open Firefox & goto Tools ->> FlashGot ->> More Options
- Select "General" Tab , select "idm" or "Internet download manager" which is listed in download manager list
- Under "flashGot Media" tab select "idm" or "Internet download manager" & click on "ok" button
- Restart the firefox