XAMPP is a free and open source web server solution stack package .It consists of Apache HTTP Server, MySQL database, PHP and Perl programming languages.Here the word "X" means cross platfrom.It is the easiest method to setup PHP, Mysql ,Apache Server on your local computer to run/ test websites on your local machine.It is available for download for windows , Linux and Mac OS Users.
How to install Xampp on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
1) Download Xampp from https://www.apachefriends.org website
2) The Xampp file will be downloaded to the Downloads Folder
3) Open the Terminal (Ctrl +Alt + T)
4) You to need to Change the directory to where the file is downloaded.By defalut it is Downloads Folder.Type the following command in terminal.
Note:- If you Don't change the Directory path to Downloads folder it will throw the following error "chmod: cannot access ‘xampp-linux-x64-1.8.3-2-installer.run’: No such file or directory" .So to avoid this error change the directory path using Step 4
5) Run the following command to make it executable
sudo chmod +x xampp-linux-x64-5.6.12-0-installer.run
You need to enter the password to continue
6) To Install Xampp , Run the below command in terminal
7) After Few seconds a Pop-up Window will open . Install the xampp by clicking Next & Finish buttons when required.
8) Once installaition is done .It will be installed in /opt/lampp directory.
9) Now you can start Xampp services using the following command.
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start
11) To Stop the service using the following command
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp stop
You can manage Xampp by locking it to the launcher .